Pronounced seasons and a humid climate have rewarded Japan with plentiful amounts of high quality material, and the wood and bamboo crafts have therefore developed into a traditional local craft, both technically and artistically exceptional. In this exhibition we pay respect to such inherited traditions, and display carefully selected contemporary works relevant to today’s lifestyles.
＊In order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection, information on the exhibition period, closings and events may change in the future. Please check this webpage for the latest information.
- 2021 May 15 (Sat) ~ June 20 (Sun)
- Takenaka Carpentry Tools Museum 1F Hall
- 9:30 – 16:30 (last admission 16:00)
＊Opening hours may have changed.
- Mondays (The following day when Monday falls on a national holiday)
- Adults¥700, Seniors (65 and over)/Students(College/University, High School)¥500, Students(Elementary, Junior High School):Free
＊Including permanent exhibition fee